Posted on: 14 March 2016
Badges are an excellent way to represent your business and market your brand. Badges also help customers identify employees easily. When choosing custom badges for your staff, ID badges are an option you may want to consider. Choosing the right accessories for the ID badges is equally important. For this reason, you need to choose the correct one for your company based on things such as convenience, comfort, and capacity. Therefore, here is what you need to know about choosing ID badge accessories for your staff.
What Are Some Of The Major Accessories To Look For?
When looking for the perfect ID badge accessories for your staff, here are three important accessories you shouldn't miss.
- Lanyards: These are an excellent option especially for customer service. Customers seeking for some assistance can easily identify employees with the lanyards. Lanyards can also be customised into your company's logo or any other design that you'd like.
- Badge Clips: Badge clips are simple and flexible accessories for ID badges. They are ideal for employees who are looking for a simple and less flashy way of having their badges present always.
- Badge Reels: ID badge reels will allow the users to pull as well as retract the badges without the need to unhook them from the clips. Badge reels are more flexible than the badge clips and can allow the employees to wear their badges at more discrete places such as inside their jackets.
How Do You Pick the Right Type of Accessory to Use With the ID Badges?
The type of ID badge accessories that you choose can greatly affect the daily work life of your employees. Besides, they will determine how successful your ID badges will be to your company. Therefore, consider the following.
- Mode of Usage: How will your employees be using the badges? The mode of usage of the ID badges should help you choose the correct type of accessories for the badges. You don't want to pick something that may interfere with the daily work life of your employees. Therefore, if the badges have to be swiped daily, consider accessories such as easy access holders that will allow the employees to easily remove the badges.
- The Look: What kind of look are you looking for? To tailor the look of your ID badges to suit your needs, you need to customise the badge clip, badge reel, or lanyard to the design that you prefer.
- Safety: Where safety is a concern, for instance, in industrial environments where lanyards hanging from the necks of the employees may not be suitable, consider badge reels. However, if you still want to go for the lanyards, choose break-away lanyards that will easily open when caught on something, eliminating any risks of injuries.